I would say, as far as Chico CA Realtors go, I’m fairly easy to get along with. I typically play nice with my peers. My end of the work is done in a thorough manner, and on time. If, as a lender, you do your job well and respect my clients, I will happily recommend you to future Chico, CA buyers.
That is, I’m easy to work with UNTIL you tick me off.
If I feel that an unethical action (or lack of an ethical one) on your part has jeopardized my clients in some way, then be prepared to make it right. On the client’s behalf, I will hold you as accountable as I can. You probably won’t like it much…. just so you know. Once we get them taken care of, I won’t be bringing you any new business.
How to lose a buyer in 3 days (or less!)
1. Ignore phone calls and emails.
2. Intentionally leave off or reduce known fees on the good faith estimate.
3. Quote them one rate when you are fully aware that they won’t qualify.
4. Assure me that you can close the loan on time when you won’t be doing so.
5. Tell us that the buyers are prequalified for a specific loan, when in fact, you haven’t done the work.
6. Assure me that you have everything you need to close when you HAVE NOT received all documentation.
7. Bait and switch my buyers at the closing table. That interest rate better be pretty darn close to the quoted one!
8. Abandon us at the closing table. You should be there to explain any and all concerns the buyer has regarding his loan papers.
9. Be incapable of admitting that you don’t know, or have made an error. I’m not perfect, and don’t expect anyone else to be. If you make an error… just say so! Don’t run us around and waste more time.
Whew!! (I’m glad I got that off my chest).
It frustrates me to no end when a lender does not represent his or her clients with an ounce of honesty, fair dealing, common courtesy or professionalism. That client is supposed to be the one we are both protecting!!
Lenders: If you’re looking to lose a client, a Realtor, and any potential for future business, any of the above actions should get you there in no time at all.
Buyers: If you need assistance locating a competent, Chico, CA lender to assist you in your home buying experience, feel free to call me for a recommendation! I can be reached at 530–864–5407. It’s wise to choose carefully, in order to avoid the nightmares, and save time later!